From Belfast to Barcelona

A website for the use of intermediate students of English and students of A level Spanish in Belfast

Monday, October 17, 2005

Films

Hi everyone,

In class we are doing some work on films and TV programmes. I think it would be a good idea to put some messages in the blog about our favourite films and TV programmes. I will create two separate threads: one of them for messages in English and the other for messages in Spanish. We can all use both of the threads. If you are learning English, you can ask questions and express your opinions in English, and the others can respond in English. If you are learning Spanish you can write your comments and questions in Spanish, and we can all respond in Spanish. It will be interestiing to compare our favourite films and TV programmes.

I am going to start. What are the bes films you have seen recently? I went to see Pride and Prejudice in Belfast in September, and I loved it. Unfortunately it hasn't arrived in Spain yet, so I don't think any of my students have seen it yet. The actors are not very well known (except for Donald Sutherland as Mr Bennet), but the acting is wonderful. It is much funnier, and the manners are much less refined than most people expect from Jane Austen.

Have you seen Pride and Prejudice? Did you enjoy it? Which other films do you recommend?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home